Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Diversion

There is a term that I learned about two years ago before I got the bug to start my own business. The term is called "diversion rate" which means what percentage of waste, garbage etc.. is diverted from the landfill to a recycling facility. In the pictures posted before what do you think was the diversion rate in that month excuse me months because the busy season starts in mid November for the downtown business and ends in mid January. So what do you think was the diversion rate for those months?

80% garbage / 20%  recycable       60/40    50/50    40/60     or write your own see if  you get it right...

2 comments:

  1. No guess, but I am wondering what it is. What is the "diversion rate" for the example?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 0% everything is trashed, but hey i talked and they didn't listen.

    ReplyDelete