Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Raise What Raise??

I was hearing Jay St.john the other morning he was going on and on that the city employees got a raise. I would love to know which ones because I didn't get one. We really got screwed on that deal let me explain how:

 First we used to get a raise depending on your annual employee evaluation. You used to get a 1 to 4% raised depending on your score. Well they changed that because too many employees were complaining that they got a low percentage raise. Their solution: No more employee annual raises they will only get a cost of living increase. And the cost of living increase will be raised from 2% to I think they said 4 or 5% I don't recall correctly so it would be fair. Fair for who I really got screwed.

 For one I always got a 4% annual raise when my evaluation came around. On October all of us would get the mandatory cost of living increase which was 2% across the board. Adding the percentages it would come out a 6% raise for me annually. A raise they took away.

Come October they sent us a flier with our paychecks stating that due to budget restraints there won't be a cost of living increase. Screwed for a second time. NO cost of living raise in October, NO annual employee raise 1, 2, 3 or 4 %  Nothing..Nada.. Those employees complaining should have just kept their mouths shut and at least they would have had their 1 or 2 % raise..

And if some city employees got a raise I would love to know which ones..

No comments:

Post a Comment